Dental Implants in Bangkok: The Long-Term Solution for Tooth Loss
Tooth loss in adults can be an undesirable side effect of injury, gum disease and more, but it needn’t adversely affect your quality of life. If you need to have a tooth extracted, replacing it is essential for the sake of your oral health. Furthermore, replacing lost teeth can boost your confidence and bring back your smile.
Fortunately, dental implant costs in Thailand are low compared to many western nations even though the procedure is performed by qualified and highly-trained dentists who utilize advanced techniques.
At BWC Dental Clinic, we can provide you with long-lasting dental implants that can improve your appearance and prevent oral health problems from arising in the future. Furthermore, our implants appear almost indistinguishable from natural teeth. Keep reading below to learn more about the procedure.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are titanium or ceramic screw-likeartificial teeth that are inserted into the jaw bone that are used to replace crowns, bridges or removable dentures to replace lost teeth. The duration of treatment depends on several factors such as the quality of the jaw bone and the number of teeth needed to make the implants.
Why Dental Implants?
The purpose of dental implants is to replace lost teeth as they can be used to attach crowns or bridges that are firmly attached to jaw bone. It can also be used to attach removable dentures firmly to help prevent them becoming loose and moving around.
Advantages of dental implants
- The patient can eat as normal
- Easy to clean
- Help boost confidence
- Better health and quality of life
- Long term tooth replacement option if properly maintained
Before Dental Implant Surgery
When dental implantsare recommended by a dentist, the preparation before starting the procedure includes:
- Seeing a dentist for a comprehensive oral examination.
- Keeping healthy. If you have an underlying medical condition, consult with your doctor before starting the treatment. Typically, if the medical condition is well controlled, the surgery can be done as it is only a small surgery under local anesthesia.
Dental Implant process
- The dentist performs oral examination and oral preparation.
- Take x-rays to see the amount of bones and organs involved.
- Take impression of the patient's mouth to plan the treatment.
- In some cases, additional 3D CT Scan may be required.
- Dentist performs surgery to embed the implant at appropriate position. In some cases, it may be necessary to have a bone augmentation prior to the implant surgery.
- Wait for the bone to integrate with the implant for around 2-3 months. This will depend on factors such as the amount and quality of the patient’s bone.
- When the implant is firmly integrated to the bone, the dentist will take an impression of the patient’s teeth to make crowns, bridges or dentures to attach on dental implants.
- Follow-up appointment will be set up for proper monitoring.
How to take care of yourself after Implant Surgery
- Brush thoroughly
- Floss everyday
- Avoid hard foods such as cartilage
- See a dentist every 3-6 months for dental checkup
Can Dental Implants Be Fitted on Same Day My Tooth Is Extracted?
In some cases, dental implants can be fitted immediately after your tooth is removed, but many factors must be taken into consideration before the procedure is performed for the sake of your safety. Namely, our dentists need to assess the number of implants you require and the health of your jaw bone.
If we can fit the implants on the same day as your tooth is removed, it’s important that you take care to keep them in good condition to prevent complications from arising. We highly recommend sticking to soft food for the first few months to avoid causing damage to your dental implant in Thailand. If you choose us to perform the procedure, we’ll carry out a risk evaluation before administering the treatment.
Many dentists agree that implants are the most effective way to replace lost or extracted teeth because of their natural appearance and the safety of the procedure. The entire process can be completed within minutes, and before long, you won’t even notice that you have dental implants. If you want to book a consultation to learn more about dental implants in Bangkok, don’t hesitate to call one of our specialists.